If you work in the Motor Trade as a Sole Trader or a Limited Company either full or part-time, there is a statutory requirement to have a Motor Trade Insurance Policy. As the Motor Trade covers many aspects of working with, repairing or buying & selling vehicles, choosing the right Motor Trade Insurance Policy is vital. Some Brokers will cover you at a low cost, but then miss out certain elements that you will only find if you need to make a claim.
Some of the common areas that Brokers may forget when preparing a quote for your Motor Trade Insurance Policy are:
- The cover of the loan and hire of courtesy cars.
- Windscreen cover.
- Accompanied or unaccompanied demonstration cover.
- Cover for drivers for social, domestic and pleasure driving activities for spouses/family members.
- Cover for Defective Workmanship and Sales Indemnity.
- General policy restrictions such as driving restrictions and Warranties.
It is also essential that your Motor Trade Insurance covers areas that may not be picked up, for example a small spray booth for vehicles.
We are specialists in Motor Trade Insurance so we ensure that your insurance cover is cost-effective as well as detailed, so that if you need to claim you don’t get any unexpected surprises. Many of our competitors use Motor Trade Insurance as an ‘add-on’ to all of the other insurance they offer to businesses and consumers. We have been dealing with Motor Trade Insurance for 30 years – could the same be said about your existing Broker?