There are certain types of Insurance that have to be affected to comply with the law. Failure to comply is a criminal offence. The aim is to ensure that any injured party does not have to rely upon the defendant’s wealth to secure his compensation. The following types of insurance are compulsory:
- Motor Insurance (Road Traffic Act 1988)
- Employers Liability Insurance (Employers’ Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Act 1969)
- Professional Indemnity Insurance (under the rules of certain professional institutions or regulatory bodies)
- Statutory Inspection of certain items of plant
- Obligations to insure may also arise under contracts as with the Joint Contract Tribunal
We will be able to ensure that all your insurance arrangements fully comply with the laws relating to your business.